Saturday, January 12, 2008

welcome to big league

(the world of pretend again-- for now. thanks to harper's bazaar feb.2008.)


What do you know, it's only the second week of 2008-- barely a year after the mid term elections and more than two years before juan dela cruz's children aged 18 and above troop back to the polling precincts-- and I am already choking on motherhood statements, grandstanding and mudslinging-- courtesy of the several malacanang wannabes-- err... hopefuls.


So who's tired of third world archipelago politics? I am.

So off to Estados Unidos I went for my birthday. Which explains the absence of a year-ender and a birthday post.

What did I do in US of A? Nothing much. I just stalked some people and took pictures.

So let's play pictionary shall we?




with Senator John Mc Cain


This was a coupla minutes after his victory at the GOP caucus at New Hampshire. Notice the look on his face. I boxed out some of his security detail to get his photo taken and he was pleasantly surprised when i told him that if i were a US citizen, I would go for a republican despite Dubya and that republican would be him.




I used to wonder what the obama mania was all about. Till Iowa. Now I'm caught up in obama rama. Love his name, love his color, love what he is able to achieve, love oprah's endorsement of him.




I would readily vote for Hillary because 1) she is a woman and 2) because she is uber galing having survived cut throat washington politics and monica lewinsky.

***

post script:
my short exposure to big league politics made me think. perhaps, I should give DC try. =)

No comments: