Wednesday, January 2, 2008

two-ow-ow-eight

it's the second day of the year.

nine days before my birthday. (shameless plug i know, you can start sending gifts. NOW.)

holidays after math:

gainers:
-my peso being able to buy more dollars
-my mid torso, my thighs and my arms. i am 10 whopping lbs heavier (aw gad-- now i have to lose 30 lbs to get to my ideal weight).


losers:
-my bank account. wrung dry. (so help me God.)
-my skin. which has a gazillion rashes--- no thanks to that olay total (side) effects that i bought in macau.
-the sellers at the night market along tung choi, whom i terrorized with my cold and merciless haggling.
-those good looking chinese men who didn't get to talk to me because they don't speak english. (or is it the other way around?)
-that lacoste accessory outlet that is suppose to exist somewhere near st. paul's ruins, which i didn't find. too bad, i was suppose to raid-- err-- buy all its bags.

excuse my verbal diarrhea.

i wanted to say happy new year. but that won't be enough.

so let me just borrow from my ex-boyfriend, neil, who in his blog wrote:

May your coming year be filled with magic
and dreams
and good madness. I hope
you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope,
somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.

No comments: