Tuesday, December 18, 2007

find me a mistletoe

seven days before lovely christmas.

i woke up, after a not-so restful, interrupted sleep.

all the partying, the shopping, the cramming finally took their toll on me,

my nose is stuffy, my throat hurts. i'm staring at the blank screen of my PC, zombified.


***

i got to my office at 10AM and got myself some chocolate drink. wala lang, i thought, chocolate can help.

so there i was, drinking my magnolia chuckie, waiting for the elevator when mr. senator stood beside me, also waiting for the elevator.

i didn't bother saying good morning, because, well, i was not really having a good morning.

his security detail was looking at me. i was wearing my goggles--err... bangaw shades.

my favorite senator's chief-of-staff came in. hello, hello. we all got inside the elevator.

***

i got off at the fifth floor. there were two k9 units waiting.

"what the ef?" i asked inside my head.

i don't like dogs.

turns out, people-- patrons, lobbyists and political-players have been flooding the different offices in our building with gifts. and to avoid a repeat of the HOR bombing, they deployed dogs to sniff at the gifts.

i didn't see k9 units at the lobby though. just at the 5th floor.

are we missing something here?

yes. go figure.

***
and that trip!!!!

*****

this holiday season is just crazy.

1 comment:

P.A. Chan said...

Merry Christmas girl!