Sunday, September 16, 2007

gimme more

after almost three months of vacation, i will be back to working full time starting tomorrow.

okay, the past three months were not my ideal vacay as i had two other projects to work on plus my teaching stint.

that teaching stint, hmmm..... i didn't, not even for one second expect that teaching would require a lot of work, patience and sanity. my three brain cells have been screaming as i've been wringing them dry the past few months.

and my professors made teaching seem so easy. i mean, they survived me right-- all my questions, my arguments and my endless manipulation to move deadlines. now i think i got karma-ed for being a teache
r's pest when i was still in school.

***
i wanted to stay with donor agencies since they pay more. but as the universe would have it, the donors want someone with expertise and more experience in development work.

i only have two years of work experience and darn, i don't even know what my expertise is.

***

well actually, i was really enjoying not doing regular office work-- you know--the nine to six-- desk job. i wanted to just go on doing projects-- consultancy, PR-- since i get almost double my UNDP salary doing them.

but the pressure from family to have an office and a full time job got the better of me and so, i am back to--hold your breath....

GOVERNMENT. thai government. kidding.

i'm back to what juan dela cruz thinks is government.

no, i'm not the new revenue chief. please. i don't think i have enough blood to sell to raise P37.3 billion to be able to hit the P431 billion collection goal the past month.

***
i'm not exactly sure what happened, but after my lack luster performance during the final interview, i really thought it's adieu to the only government institution that i still, until now, hold in high esteem.

in fact last month, i was suppose to start work for-- hold your breath again-- mrs. arroyo (yes, president gloria macapagal arroyo). but some confusion occurred with my arrangements, so my confirmation was put on hold.

the office-- my new office called me up sept 5, and afte
r several phone calls and negotiation, i sealed the deal with them before the day ended. by sept 7, my supposed boss in malacanang texted, telling me to report to the palace on sept 10.

yet another case of the universe unfolding as it should.

that, or God finally thought i should get back to full time work as i have been missing out on serotonin due to my abnormal, nocturnal habits that i began having since i went out of work.

***

so there. wish me luck. i don't want to do a britney.


second chances don't come very often.



No comments: