Monday, October 8, 2007

mun-dy

i usually am not too happy about mondays as i have to be at the office earlier-- as in 7:45 in the freaking morning to catch the flag ceremony.

flag ceremony. in college, i was rushing to my class in AS when suddenly the national anthem blared from the PA system of the AS lobby. since i was running late, i didn't stop and continued walking until this professor stopped me on my tracks. from the looks of it, i knew i was in trouble. she asked me: "didn't you hear, the national anthem was playing." being me, i answered stuttering: "thai. i am thai." she let me off the hook. haha.

bad i know. i wish i could do that now.

okay so i won't be in the office till tomorrow because i am attending an international conference on poverty reduction. boring/ nerdy i know, but it's my cup of tea. social dev yaddi yaddi.

i got the sched all messed up in my head over the weekend. i thought registration is from 8 till 9. so i left the house at 8:20, thinking i would get to ortigas in 30 minutes. i was so wrong. the program started 8:45.

and i didn't know that 7-9 is rush hour in the MRT.


in the past three weeks that i've been taking this mass transpo, i think i've developed the patience similar to that of job. i mean, considering the hordes of people who ride
in it, MRT has very few cars, the cars are too small as compared to that of LRT, it has an unpredictable schedule-- sometimes it takes 3minutes till the next train--or if you're out of luck, around 15 minutes-- and worse, the trains break down often.

it was already 915 when the seriously disheveled, sweaty me got to ADB. as i was walking towards the conference area, i was checking my reflection on the glass panels. i mean, the place made me feel like a hilly-billy. with new shoes. (hehe, i bought another pair over the weekend-- someone send me to a rehab!!!!!)

before i was allowed inside the conference room, the secretariat took my picture for the ID.

over coffee, a colleague from the lower house looked at my ID and asked where my photo was taken. i told him-- right before i got inside the conference.

"eh bakit ka naka pose?"

"err... oo nga no."


"is that your best angle?"

No comments: