Sunday, October 14, 2007

waiting for non-waitresses


for a change, i am not going to rant.

everything is shining, shimmering, splendid.




i'm entering my cave: i see:

sunflowers and julie andrews singing my favorite things




Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
brown paper packages tied up with strings,

these are a few of my favorite things.

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels,
door bells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles.
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings.
these are a few of my favorite things.

Girls in a white dresses with a blue satin sashes,
snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes,

silver white winters that melt into springs,
these are a few of my favorite things.

When the dog bites, when the bee stings,
when I'm feeling sad,

I simply remember my favorite things,
and then I don't feel so bad.

OH SNAP!


darn. i can't. i just can't.
i need to rant. i need to get this out.
i can't afford to snap at my office this week. i'm too busy to even think of goin
g amuck.

(which reminds me: i have two reports on MDG progress, on how we're doing in poverty reduction, policy brief on the cyber ed project, and that freaking situationer on access to safe water. told you, i won't have time to snap and stalk from cubicle to cubicle, firing an M16.)

last friday: (at my new favorite playground)
sarah: what are you buying here?
me: i dunno. perhaps, shoes. or blouses.

sarah: didn't you just buy a pair of flats two weeks ago?
me: yeah, i also bought a pair of naturalizer sandals last friday. and they're not on sale.
sarah: nye. really?
me: grabe, i dunno. i'm going out of my mind. i can't find a place to live near my office, so i might
as well buy shoes.


this morning: (thru SMS)
me: hey, wat tym r u gonna be @ powerplant?
sarah:
around 10. stil w8ing 4 tin's reply.

me: il go lang 2 church. myt join u. think i'm buying those flats at sapato manila.



aren't they lovely?

sarah: yey. cge. =)
me: i still can't find a house, myt as well buy shoes.

an hour later:
me: yikes, i dont think i can come with you. i'm bleeding to death, bka mag pas out ako. time of d month. sheesh.

****

so i didn't get to buy those sapato manila flats. and i still don't have a place to live near my office.

after almost a month of commuting four times a week from QC to pasay, i thought, i had enough. darn, i waste almost three hours each day in transit. oh no don't even talk to me about getting a car and driving. with the metro manila traffic and the 8AM time to beat, mass transpo is the way to go. now that i think of it, even with the trains--these suppose to be efficient mass transpo , it still takes me an hour and half to get the office and another hour and half to get home.


choo choo train

three precious hours that i could've spent praying (with my kind of job, i need megadose of divine intervention daily), blogging, sleeping, working on my facebook (yey! i love this online community) and building a relationship (fine-- dating. well nowadays, it's also called hanging out).

the past two weekends, i've been checking some studios/ apartments in some areas of makati that i didn't know existed. and oh gaad, they're so faaar from that "ayala-center-makati" picture that most of us know.

long story short, i'm not yet moving out of my blue room in UP village in the next i dunno, few weeks, few months, because i'm claustrophobic, i hate roaches, and walking pass men who work in vulcanizing/car junk shops give me the creeps.

i WAAAANT a condo in bel-air. however, paying the rent will eat up my entire salary from juan dela cruz.

haaay.

we were suppose to start a big ticket project last month (which can pay the rent for a bel-air condo) but thanks to chairman abalos, all foreign loans and contracts are currently on hold. kurakot kasi eh. grrr!!!!

i have been so stressed over this house hunting expedition that i had to go in for counseling. yeah, just counseling. my therapist is out of town.

counselor in church told me to hang in there. that maybe, God has a few more things for me to learn in the three hours that i commute.

of course i look back at the past several months of dramedy that has been my life and i am thankful that i now have a job that i love, i have family and friends and new friends. and i have beautiful shoes. now all i need is a nice place near my work. i am praying for a surprise. i'm thinking, maybe some philanthropist will take pity on me and give me a unit in one salcedo, or i'd win a three-bedroom unit at the residences in a raffle. or maybe, i'll marry someone from ADB or WB who will bring me to his home in urdaneta village.


all right God, my shoes and i are waiting...


No comments: