Tuesday, July 17, 2007

phone calls

a week after i got my ass kicked at that interview...

i'm 50 lbs heavier (all the sleeping and all the chocolates), i'm addicted to the beckhams, i haven't been out of mom's house since i got in five days ago, and i am not taking calls from anybody (i just didn't want to talk).

until this morning.

friend: so, will i see you next week at the opening of the 14th congress?

me: (silence)

friend: g.h? g.h.? hello?

me: dude i'm here. i ... don't think i'll see you on monday.. i mean.. well at least not yet on monday...


friend: oh, bakit? aren't you suppose to be at _______ by monday?


me: pare, i took severe beating from that office last week. you're lucky i'm starting to talk to people again.

friend: don't be melodramatic. come on, quit screwing around. ayaw mo lang manlibre eh.

me: dude, i'm not kidding.

friend: g.h., i know you. remember that time you said you're already about 200lbs, and the aides went around looking for someone who's 200lbs at the penn lobby?

me: hay naku, i wish it's the same this time. b
ut dude, this is like, REAAALLL as real as nicole richie's pregnancy.

friend: how can i help you?

me: sabihin mo sa dad mo to appoint me his chief of staff. or your brother's.

friend: haha. gusto mo? since 2005 we've been talking about this. ikaw naman itong urong sulong.

me: i don't know pare... i have to go thru hell and high water pa to get that freaking post. haaay...

friend: wait, kilala ka naman ng mga brods di ba? they can help you there.


me: you haven't been reading my blog, have you?


friend: umm... no, i don't have time to read blogs eh.


me: hay naku, that blog is for my friends pa naman. you know to tell them how i am, in case i only see them once every five, ten years. you should check my blog. pimp it to the whole wide universe. i write about my friends there. i think i'll be posting this conversation that we're having now.

friend: haha. why don't we just meet before monday?


me: i'm not sure eh. i have a coupla things to do when i get back to manila.

friend: kala ko ba you're out of job. how come you have a coupla things to do?


me: you know, i have appointments with my counselor, mentor, spiritual adviser. then shopping, plus plus plus, i have to be groomed. i need grooming before saturday. sunday i have charity work.

friend: grooming? are you a dog now?

me: no, i'm a hairy gorilla.


g & G
(gizmo and G.H. )
we need salon sponsors.
we need grooming.


friend: so, when will i see you?

me: i don't know. basta, i'll give you a call. or text. or YM. or smoke sign. whatever.

friend: all right. you take care. i'll talk to my dad and brother. if you're writing about this conversation, make sure you get it right. i hate being misquoted.

me: ako pa? thanks dude. bye.


No comments: