Friday, July 6, 2007

will u wait 4 me?


when i was a little girl, i would be sitting by our porch at our house in the States and praying that someday, my knight in a shining armor would come, and he will be tall, blue-eyed and blonde haired.

eeek. that wasn't me talking.

that was my freshman blockmate and good friend, tiffany, retelling us her love story.

and well, last june 16, on the ecru shores of puerto galera, she and the tall, blue-eyed, blond haired knight exchanged "i-do's."

morten and tiffany

june 16, 2007




i love weddings. seriously, i do. no matter how simple or how modest the reception or celebration may be, it is, to me, always a grandiose display of love and faith. i have a lot of respect for couples who suck in their fears and throw out their selfishness and get married.

getting hitched is really a leap of faith. a giant leap.

take the exchanging of vows for example.

i mean, with God and so many people (or if you're a political candidate, with your entire barangay/municpality/province) as witnesses, it takes a lot, as in a loooooot of guts, sanity (or is that insanity? LOL!), maturity and courage to tell your fiance/fiancee : "I _____, take you ______, to be my wedded wife/husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness."




celebrating one of life's many surprises

me, shella, weng and the olesens



what else? aside from the possibility of me catching the bouquet, i also like attending weddings or hearing news of friends getting married because it keeps me hopeful. i mean amidst all the prevalent destruction of families, it makes me happy that there are those who decide to build their own families.

oh gaad... this is starting to be cheesy... i'm getting nosebleed.

okay, i didn't catch the bouquet. again!!!!

but as i've said, i am hopeful. a little jaded. but still hopeful.

so hopeful that when i got back to manila, i immediately sent emails to monique luhiller, very wang and christian lacroix. and also to karl lagerfeld.

i asked them to design my wedding gown.

and...well... three weeks after, only my fairy godfather sent me a design.

the gown, my gown was worn at the chanel haute couture autumn/ winter 07-08 show.



uncle karl at the chanel haute couture atumn/winter 07-08



that's not my gown. i instructed uncle karl to use white, white, white. now... are you ready to see my gown? what? i didn't hear you? yes? okay, here goes...




*****1








**************2








****************3














will you still wait for me at the altar
if i walked down the aisle in this?



i asked fairy godfather if he was kidding and he said, he ain't.

jeeezzz.... he does have a sense of humor no?

so i asked him if the shades come with the gown.

to my delight he said: oui! oiu! oui!

at least i can hide behind the bangaw shades.

told you i am hopeful. =)

bright and shiny.

No comments: