Wednesday, July 4, 2007

random phone calls

11: 15 AM, July 4th

me: hey b....

b: hey, i have to tell you this. i came from my QC office. and i was driving on my way back to makati along C5 when i thought maybe we could have lunch. so i made a u-turn somewhere in eastwood and began driving towards UP. then i realized, you're no longer in UP.

me: they have a term for that. alzheimer's. that, or you haven't been listening to me as usual. ang yabang mo. even if i were still in UP, what makes you think that i'll have lunch with you?

b: dahil gumagawa pa ng siomai at hopia ang boyfriend mo sa mga panahon na to.

me: bwiset, bawiin mo yun. nakakainis talaga kayo.

b: seriously, i'm just checking how you are after friday.

me: what kind of answer do you want ba? bright and shiny or dark and twisty?

b: shempre whatever's real. coming from you, i think it's the dark and twisty answer.

me: you know what, i have this orgmate, batchmate who is now assistant vice president for this multinational bank. and i was thinking, darn it pare, how can he be AVP and i'm jobless. like really tsong....

b: well, i know we've talked about this a couple of time before pero, you need to get rid of the testosterone in your system. you're too competitive. sabi ko na sa'yo, you're a girl and your husband will take care of you naman so stop being too career oriented, being too driven. it scares the hell out of us.

me: i dunno man. i'm not competing. i just want a really high paying job that'll allow me to bust balls while i'm at it. on second thought... i dunno what to think now...

b: the things that we go thru all have a reason. in your case, siguro the experience will mature you. develop your patience which you really, really need to work on.

me: b, you know, this whole crash moment is doing another thing to me. it's making me brattier and more whiny. i hate it. i'm starting to not like myself.

b: hang in there. it'll have a point. you'll be okay... so when are you coming back?

me: i have one more interview next week. i've had three interviews with this office already and an exam.

b: i have a question, did you eat the marshmallow that the guy in white coat placed in front of you when you were two years old.

me: if i tell you my answer, will we still be friends?

b: depends... hahaha.. of course, we're friends now, what could be worse?

me: crazy. i hate you.

b: go on, the suspense is killing me.

me: when they made me take the marshmallow test, i ate the marshmallow. and when the dude in white coat came back, i held him hostage and told the other scientists behind the two way glass window that if they don't give me the entire bag of marshmallow, i'll drive the dude inside the room with me insane with my blood curdling shriek.

b: why am i not surprised?

me: yeah, so do you still love me? do you still want to have lunch with me when i get back to funila?

b: hmmm... i'm not so sure now...

me: i hate you...

b: no, you don't. so what are you doing now?

me: doing sit ups. hehe. i was on my twentieth crunch when you disturbed me. now it'll be your fault if i remain fatty patty.

b: you should be in driving school di ba?

me: promise mo muna that you'll let me drive your lovely chrysler-- what's that na nga?

b: you ask my dad first. if he says yes, then you can use it for a week. mag co commute na lang ako.

me: you know, for a friend, you're so supportive, it makes me want to cry.

b: shempre. hey, galingan mo sa interview. i'm sure you'll make it.

me: sana....

b: modesty doesn't suit you well you know...

me: crazy... dinner tayo somewhere in west gate.

b: sure.

me: uy, lunch na ako. bye.

b: yup, bye.

No comments: