Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Universe's Muse

BB and TJ had Ms. Universe fever all over their sites--photos of Ms. Philippines, video of Ms. USA landing on her butt and of course, Ms. Japan-- two weeks ago.

This post is long overdue. So overdue that the immigration bill in the US that earned Ms. USA a couple of "boo's" from the audience has already been rejected by the US Senate and Dubya (with his spin doctors of course) has already cooked new tactics to get his much contested provisions passed. (Nosebleed. I don't know what I'm talking about.)

So overdue that Ms. Philippines 2007 is back in Diliman country to hurdle third year at Malcolm Hall.

There.

I remember that I should post this while watching TV over the long weekend (well, that was all I did).
Ms. Licaros was in one of the shows and I thought, how can someone be a beauty queen and be UP summa cum laude at the same time?

I am digressing. Whatevs. But what I want to say is, before Ms. Licaros, there was Lia Andrea Ramos in 2006.






BB. Pilipinas 2006


Lian was Ms. Photogenic last year.

And you probably know that.

What you probably do not know is, Lian and I entered UP Diliman the same year. She belonged to the burgis freshman block though, while I, well, as expected, was with the indio block. (Kidding! Love you E4 people. Pimp my blogger. Send me a message! Reunion tayo sa people's palace or Nicotina. Sagot ni Ms. Blockhead. Hehe.)

We were batchmates in ETC, eventually orgmates, and eventually friends.

And we share the same birth date. (Could we be twins? Hey, get this strait jacket off me!)

YIkes. I dunno how to end this entry again. My teacher in creative writing always told me that ending a manuscript is really not that easy. But you have to always do it with taste. Tie lose ends, redeem the preceding paragraphs. Yadi yadi.

Okay, let me just do this. Aw gad. My friends will kill me if they find out that I posted this.



1****





2*****





3********











Taaaran!!!!! (Is it Taaaraaan? Or Tyaraaaan? Or Daraaan? Or Dyaraaan? Aw gad.)






DON'T LAUGH.


This was taken at Ace's debut. Guess how long ago that was.

Okay, let me update you of what has become of my batchmates, blockmates and orgamates in this photo.

At the far right is Lian, who is Bb. Pilipinas 2006 and is back in New York I think. Beside her is Tiffany who is getting married to a blue-eyed dutch boy on Saturday. And there's Vanne in blue, who is super mommy to seven (her son's name is seven). Then Jen, who is ms. corporate social responsibility at this mega powerplant. That's Ace, who is now partying in LA. Then Weng, who is big momma at a freight forwarding mutlinational company. Then Shella, in red, who is soon to take over Deutsche Bank.

Then there's me at the far left. [SIDE COMMENTS: Okay I am fat and whoever did my make up should be dead by now. But you're also fat. We're all fat and there are con-make up artists around.] Still a dirtbag. Slowly becoming a cultured dirtbag. Wreaking havoc online with this blogger.

Currently...well... at a loss for words...

No comments: